Thursday, September 8, 2011

Garden Journal

Gardening has become my new obsession. I've always enjoyed keeping my plants from year to year, but I feel like making it a true hobby to go with my 'new life'. I'm going to be keeping a journal of how my plants are doing in an effort to help myself, and maybe a few others, become a better gardener!

First of all, a few before, or at the beginning, pictures. This will show you what I'm working with and what my initial goals are.

This will be the veggie garden. We plan to till it this winter to get ready for planting spring vegetables. It's overwhelming the choices there are for planting and what we want to eat. We are planning on spinach and other greens, strawberries, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, and the list goes on.... 

I've also cleaned out some flower pots and planted new perennials. I trimmed the shrub in the lower pot. In the top pot, there are lavender and dahlias. In the little pots there are petunias and zinnias.  

We become The Home Depot's favorite customers lately. All those little plants were from there, some on clearance, and we also brought these trees home! Half price! These are going in front of the sidewalk. 

And...I cleaned out the rocks. There are rock walls everywhere here. I'd like to eventually get some ferns growing across the back yard. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. Cassia and I have noticed we have ripe strawberries on the one little plant we put in this spring. Strange that it produced this time of year! They were good!

    ReplyDelete